Thursday, April 8, 2010

While My Guitar Gently Beeps

I definitely agree with the writer's comment that this game puts the Beatles back in the forefront of popular culture and the evolution of music(as if they ever left). By selling their music to Rock Band, they have reached an entirely knew venue of getting their music to a much younger generation. I know that the majority of my friends have the video game although I do not. I know that CW Post even has Rock Band in their new gaming center so this gives the Beatles a chance to become relevent again. In the weeks after Beatles Rock Band was relased, their music was bought at a fervent pace on iTunes. They were now back in the mainstream. It was very odd for them to do such a thing, on account of them being very protective over their music and not wanting anyone to get their hands on it. I heard once that Michael jackson owned their entire catalogue of music and even songs that haven't been released yet. That surprises me especially because now that Michael Jackson is dead, I wonder what will happen to that music. Will it be sold if they sell his house? Will they be given to the remaining members of the Beatles and the widows of the deceased members? I think that more and more artists will start lending their music to video games and even other venues so they can continue to make money. The Beatles were a once in a life time, unique, and original band so it's hard to think that any other band or singer nowadays will be able to challenge it. But honestly, I feel like every band should cite the Beatles as one of their music influences because of all the innovations they showed and creativity they had during their reign of popular music. More children will know about them after playing this game. And I believe that more famous current singers will draw on the Beatles for inspiration when furthering their career.

No comments:

Post a Comment