Sunday, February 28, 2010

Twitter, where have you been all my life? - Twitter Response Questions

So I started the Twitter experiment when I got home from school on Thursday and immediately I took to it. I really enjoyed it more than I can even put into words. I could say whatever I wanted, whatever I was doing, whatever I was feeling, and more. It was oddly liberating and extremely cathartic. I have been searching for an outlet to vent and rant and express my feelings and along with this blog and now my new Twitter, I feel like I've finally found that so thank you, Twitter. I think of the Twitter world as a kind of spiderweb where individual strings are strung and spun together. Twitter is one more way that we can be globally connected to the world around us and the people who live in it. I learned that Twitter was not just ranting about how you are feeling or seeing what your favorite celebrity had for lunch but also as a news source. There was a lot of freedom that came along with Twitter and I really enjoyed that. I also liked that you could customize it to make it more like you and you could also keep it private so that people you didn't know and people that you didn't want to see it couldn't. I definitely agree with David Carr's idea that Twitter will endure. I especially agreed with the statement, "The act of publishing on Twitter is so friction-free -- a few keystrokes and hit send -- that you can forget that others are listening." When I was updating my Twitter, I wasn't saying something that I hoped someone would read or was exceptionally witty or intelligent...I was just speaking from the heart and expressing what I was feeling at that exact moment. That's why I feel that Twitter will endure. People are about to just express their feelings and talk about whatever they want to. For me, updating my Twitter was like having a sound board that I could bounce ideas off of and in the end, it would make me feel better because I would really take the time to think about it. Twitter fits in with Winston's thoughts on new technologies because everyone thought that Twitter just appeared out of no where but actually it took a while to come into fruition. Twitter is convenient, because most people can just update it from their phone, and simple to understand. And one of the main reasons that Twitter came about was supervening social necessities, which is a concept that Winston discussed. Obviously there was some situation or reason that Twitter came about...there was a perceived need. Honestly, I think I'm going to keep up with my Twitter even after this experiment is over.

Tweet me,
Marisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment